Friday, January 11, 2008

The Problem with Ravelry

The problem with Ravelry is that there is not enough time to knit and enjoy it's riches. The internal struggle to actually knit (or spin, or sew, or whatever) or to putt around on Ravelry is making me weary.

Other than that, it's great. I recently had the privilege of being part of a private Ravelry swap-Miss Fee and I swapped some lovely Rowan wool cotton and other treats (her) for a sample of the copious amounts of spinning stuff I have. I hope to swap more in the future. It's a great system.

I am terribly grateful however for the outlandish amount of cheap entertainment available to me in these upcoming Years of Living Moneylessly. We have decided it is time to buckle down and start saving for a house deposit. Historically we have always spent more on entertainment (we include books and cds in this category as well as films, concerts, etc) then necessary. We have wised up, and the fact is we own heaps of books, mags, dvds, cds, and I have more craft materials then I can use up quickly. With the library and the internet, well, cheap fun is to be had by all.

And if I want this blog to actually be informative and get my business off the ground I should stop swanning out for coffees anyway.

We are also lucky to have at home stand up comedy with Isaac as well. One year old humour. He has already discovered The Fart.

I start a sewing class in less than a month. Very psyched. If I can't make it or buy it second hand, I ain't wearing it. I used to be able to sew quite well but fell out of practice. Use it or lose it, and I want to use it so I can wear the type of clothes I can't afford. I do like me some purty outfits. Hoping to sharpen up my skills too so I can offer a few made to measure garments through Gallimaufry, such as a simple, yet terribly chic, or perhaps funky, skirt.

Gallimaufry is slowly sinking under the weight of my over enthusiasm. I wear myself out by flapping around like a mayfly and caring for le bebe. Isaac will be going into one day of daycare sometime in 2008, so that will be my "working" day. It will probably seem like a trip to the spa.

I am planning on pestering some craftspeople soon to add a bit of cache to this dog's breakfast I call a blog.

1 comment:

missfee said...

YAY it arrived - a ball of the light green escaped - so I will send that down in the next week or so - hope Isaac enjoys his treats too.....