Friday, January 18, 2008

Time keeps on slippin'

I am flying like an eagle.

TGIF. Tomorrow, if it isn't raining, I will be engaged in major felting activity. I swear by the end of the month (not this month, the next one) I will have a few bits up on Esty. The deal remains that whatever I sell will be funneled back into equipment and costs. I need a drumcarder, a more suitable production wheel, and other stuff. Take me 10 years to sell enough to buy these things, but hey, who cares? What does Oprah say? Something about it being the journey, not the destination? I knew eventually Oprah would have some revelation that applied to me. It's about time.

Am wondering if it is possible to try and make a few shekles from handmade whilst also maintaining the obsessive production of things for self and family. I still think it's possible.

Have a very exciting braided felt experiment in the works.

Still concerned about refinement and polish. I don't want my things to look too handmade, if you know what I mean.



No comments: