Saturday, January 19, 2008

Agitated, then not so much.

Made the mistake of watching part of a doco on Goring last night. Had to stop when he signed off on the Final Solution. My mother's European family was all but wiped out (luckily her dad's family moved to South America before the s*$# hit the fan), and let me tell you, that sure mucks up the generational waters.

Anyway, I tossed and turned last night feeling very righteous, thinking I should turn my life over to being a Great Defender of Human Rights. But in the light of day, the joy of making things came back to to the forefront. Not to get to deep about it, but think about it: creation, passing down tradition, making things of beauty. This is why I love art and craft. It's really all about the best of humanity. Some may argue people are more about destroying, but I disagree. I think most people would much rather create and learn, except for the minority of psychopaths, megalomaniacs, and bitter souls that screw things up for the rest of us. A broad statement with heaps of gray space, perhaps a subject for my imaginary dissertation I will write some day for my pretend PhD. I can't imagine ever finding the time to do a real one...

Anyway, I don't think we have to look much past Ravelry and Library Thing to see that lots of people want to make stuff, read stuff, and commune with like minded folk. Doesn't that make you feel gooooood?!?!

No felting today. Raining. Will be drawing instead, which is frightening. My skills there have really gone down the gurgler.

No comments: