Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A question that could lead to a rant.

I am listening to the Religion Report on Radio National. I turned it on late, and I hope I haven't missed what I wanted to hear; a segment on a group of Christian ministers who are going to say sorry to gays and lesbians at the Sydney Mardi Gras.

Here is my comment: It's about time.

Here is my question: Anyone thinking about apologizing to say, women?

Glad to hear that some conservative ministers are involved. I go to a pretty conservative church, and being a liberal type I am often driven to knit my brow over some knitting. Keeps life interesting. The minister they are interviewing is a Baptist. I give him credit, he's trying.

Enjoyed the knitting group I went to last night very much. I am now going to stalk a few of the attendees on Ravelry to see what they've got on the needles.

1 comment:

Reference Librarian said...

Yes! Embroidery! That is next on my list of "Things To Do After I Do This..." There's a great primer in Craft magazine, which I have been looking over with great fondness. I used to do it when I was a little kid, under my grandmother's watchful eye, but I've completely forgotten things like French Knots, etc.

And yeah, I'm with you on the Depression mentality thing. When I'm cooking soup or something in a stockpot, I cook as if it were going out of style. "But you can freeze it! Waste not, want not!" I'm sort of like that with everything, even though I'm clearly a child of the 80s, not the 30s.