Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What's going on?

Not much.

Isaac freaked out Sunday night at about 10:30 and kept going until 1:00am. Poor fella had a very stuffy nose. Despite being exhausted (I was sick too) some crafty thoughts and actions were able to happen. Isaac was so overtired that he wouldn't sleep, but he is a good natured boy so he just sat there staring at yogurt containers and plastic cups for ages and ages, which allowed me brain time and a wee bit of knitting.

Today must be given over to practicalities as he slept 12 hours last night and is feeling much better. Post office (mailing off my Cloth and Soap swap, amongst other things), the ever present laundry, other stuff. Tonight I am going to my very first knitters group ever. This is a big step for me, being somewhat isolationist in my knitting. Ravelry has pushed me into the world of social knitting.

I very much want to start a painting, but I've got all these (well, two) KALS breathing down my neck plus the promise I would get items onto Esty so I can start trying to make some scratch for a drum carder. Not bloody likely. I guess one item would still count. Right?

Seriously, I don't know how people do it. I still wonder at Barbara Coddington, who was producing Yarn magazine (check it out if you haven't already) out of her home. With kids. I don't know if I could sustain that for a month. All these women, Linda Ligon, Melanie Falick, the list goes on and on. I don't need to write them all out-you know who they are. Worked their buns off creating such great publications and other work to guide us forward in our fibertastic creativity, often while juggling families. They also always look good, like they are having a great time.

A shout out to them. Inspirations all. Thanks.

Have yet to make it down to Craft Victoria. Bah.

No comments: