Monday, January 28, 2008

Booya!

If I am not mistaken, booya means something like "Right on!" or "Score!" or "Yeah!". I played a video game once where when something good happened, my little man would shake his arms in the air and yell "BOOYA!"

Well booya for me. Our little family pod went down to Queenscliff last Friday to take in the sea breezes. It was a gorgeous day. We wandered around town, ate blueberry crepes with mounds of icecream, bought lunch at a fish and chips place and ate it by the shore (this place had the best chips. I also bought a weird thing called a corn jack, basically deep fried cream of corn. The jury is still out), walked along the pier...ah, it was lovely.

And then, I went to Vinnies. I love me some op shops, and I have to visit them wherever I am. Always on the look out for vintage tablecloths and the like that I can use in my crafty projects. Well, not only did I find my tablecloths, I also found this (queue heavenly music):

One kilo (2.2 pounds) of lovely, clean, 100% Corriedale crepe wool yarn from Tassie. Now, I paid 30 bucks for it which on an op shop scale may not be a pure bargain, but I am not complaining. I can't decide what to do with it. It may end up as a vest for my dad.

Isaac was getting worried that he'd be crammed into the car next to a lot of wool yet again. He's sick of it. Tough luck, baby.

I need to get a handle on what this blogger can do. I am still in the wading pool, and am not taking advantage of what can be done. So many people have such good looking blogs. Mine is not representin'.

Time for a rest. We have started watching the second season of Rome, and I have trouble falling asleep afterwards. We also have flying foxes hanging out in one of our trees right in front of the bedroom AND a couple of cats have been loving, then fighting, then loving again also right outside the bedroom. Sometimes it sounds like we are living on top of the hellmouth. Thank goodness our dog is deaf or she'd be going apes&*%.

No comments: